How to Solve Unable to boot simulator xCode issue – Mac, Macbook, M1,M2 – Solved 100%
If you’re facing an issue with the running simulator on your iMac, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air either it’s an intel chip or M1,M2 chip. You can solve this error by following the below 2 methods. You may face this type of error while developing of Flutter app, React native app or core iOS apps, etc. Or maybe you have just set up a new Mac or Xcode.
Don’t worry about this error, in this article you will find the ways to solve the problem on your Mac iOS.
Solution-1 is to delete the cache of Xcode (Sometimes we have to delete the Developer tools etc we can see with cache).
To do this:
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left, then click About this Mac
2. Click on Storage Tab then click on Manage
If you are using Mac OS montery then you have to click on More info on About this Mac Window
Then go to General tab on left side and go to storage setting on right side.
3. Click Developer
if you are using Mac OS Montery then go to Developer setting by clicking the I icon on right side of developer row, as show in image.
4. On the right you can see XCode Caches etc. Delete the Xcode cache
5. Delete the Xcode cache by selecting it and clicking on delete button below. (Sometimes we have to delete the project build etc if only deleting Xcode cache didn’t work).
6. Restart the Device/Mac
7. Now try to run the simulator from Xcode or anywhere you want. If the error is solved then enjoy it and don’t do anything else.
If you didn’t see any Simulator downloaded, then go to Xcode preferences then component and download the desired simulator device here.
Solution-2 is to shut down all simulators and reset the data by command
If the first solution didn’t work for you, then you can try the second solution.
- Open terminal on Mac
2. write this command “xcrun simctl shutdown all” and hit enter
3. After that command write 2nd command and hit enter “xcrun simctl erase all”
4. After that close the terminal and restart your device/Mac
5. Now run the simulator from anywhere you want, and see it’s running now.
If you still have any errors then reach me from the below links: